Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lists....

It's been five weeks since we received verbal guardianship and are still waiting for the word to plan our travel. It feels like there is so much to do, but I can't seem to get started because I truly don't know where to start. I've been making lists. Lots of lists. Lists of lists to make.

The work list is pretty massive. The school year doesn't end until June 17th and then my work year ends on June 30th. Not know when I will be heading out is causing much anxiety on my end. I have started to create the list for all the things I need (or should) wrap up for the interim principal coming in. Maybe I should figure out who that will be first? No time, must go forward with lists! So far, it's a page long (two columns). The goal was to finish it all by spring break...did I mention that is in two weeks??? Oh, and that I haven't started anything on the list yet? It seems the daily problems at the school site are escalating and not giving me a moment to plan ahead, but it must get done some time.

Next is the list for home readiness. I've decided that now is the perfect time to try to begin and complete major home projects so it's all done when we travel. If Dr. Phil were to ask how this is working for me, the answer wouldn't be pretty. But, we do have so much organizing to do plus getting the house kid safe.

Then we get to the lists of things to have on hand. Haven't really started. Well...I did buy a car seat. That's about it. One of the blessings of being the principal of a school site where we had at least 2-3 pregnancies each year, there are lots of moms with lots of recommendations. Two of my teachers told me this was the car seat to buy, so I did. Free shipping and a sale also helped. Is all this baby stuff so expensive? I was on track to buying a convertible crib until a teacher told me I should be looking at a toddler bed. I guess I'm starting over. Then the list began....potty training seat, high chair or booster, diaper genie (do they still call them that?), stroller, etc... Another teacher recommended this book, but I'm finding it not as helpful since Nathaniel is now a toddler. Please share any recommendations you might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment